Archive Record
Metadata
Title |
Trinity Lutheran Church, La Marque, Texas. |
Collection |
Disbanded Congregations Collection |
Catalog Number |
2021.1.2 |
Object Name |
File, document |
Location |
SBox 109, Cab.C Botton Se |
Date |
1938 - 2019? |
Scope & Content |
History, Council Minutes Church Directories, Annivrsaries, photographs, Tri-Council Minutes and a few property documents and some miscellaneous imformation. Six video tapes of special events in the congregation. See Finding Aids in this record for details. Also Parish Record Book and files, 2021.1.1. in cabinet B for more information. More items may be added; |
Finding Aids |
Cabinet C Bottom Shelf: Black Scrapbook; Red Book of Remembrance; 2 Bound Books of TLCW Minutes 1950-1968, 1969-1986; 1 Bound Book of Brotherhood Minutes 1942-1957; 4 Bound Books of Church Council Minutes 1937-1942,1942-1952, 1952-1962,1963-1967. All poor condition SBox 109: Folder 1: Pastor Richard E. Brunk, Jr. 2000-2005 Folder 2: Pastor Brunk 2005 - Iraq Folder 3: Annual Reports and Meeting Agendas 1980-20019 (not complete) Folder 4: Annual Reports and Meeting Agendas 1947-1979 (not complete) Folder 5: Council Minutes 1990-2019 Folder 6: Council Minutes 1981-1989 Folder 7: Council Minutes 1972-1980 Folder 8: Council Minutes 1967-1971 Folder 9: Church Property Documents and Constitutions. Folder 10: Tri-Council Minutes, Trinity, St. Johns, Memorial / 2007 Folder 11: Photos, History, Dedications, Miscellaneous Folder 12: Miscellaneou Papers Folder 13: Directories and Histories, 1963-2008 (not complete) Six Video Tapes of Special Events: 1. TLC Mortgage Burning Jan.3,1993 55th Anniversary 1993 2. 50th Anniversry 1988 3. 50th Anniversary, April 10, 1988, Party. 4. 50th Anniversary Celebration April 10, 1988 5. 50th Anniversary April 10, 1988 6. Oktoberfest 1987, Trinity ? ? |
Notes |
Pastors from First Lutheran Church in Galveston came to La Marque to conduct services for many years before 1937. Pastor Robert Wensel established a Lutheran Sunday School in 1937. On January 5, 1938, the Lutheran Church of La Marque was organized. In 1947 the name was changed to Trinity Lutheran Church of La Marque. In 2007, Trinity became part of a TRI-Council that included St. Johns Lutheran Church of Santa Fe and Memorial Lutheran Church in Texas City. This was an Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Mainland, Cooperative Ministry. Items are added to these files as the archives receives them. |
Language of Material |
English |
Subjects |
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America--Disbanded Congregations |
Classification |
Disbanded Congregations Congregational Records |
Search Terms |
Trinity Lutheran Church, La Marque, Texas TLGC Synod Lutheran Church of La Marque Disbanded Congregations |
People |
Flachmeier, William August Goodwin, Stephen Harpel, John Wayne Heye, Edmund August Hoermann, Martin Conrade Hoff, Myron John Marquart, Donald Edwin O'Sullivan, William Reynolds, Marti David Roth, Theophil John Schardt, George William Timaeus, Roy Curtis Wedergren, Robert Wensel, Robert Henry Wilson, Paul G. |

